Thursday, January 15, 2009

Two Months Old



Olivia is now two months old. I cannot believe how fast she's growing. She had her two month check-up yesterday and weighed 10 lbs 6 oz and was 22 inches long. So that puts her in the 50th percentile for weight and 66th percentile for height.
Unfortunately, being two months old means first vaccinations. I was extremely nervous because any pain that she experiences is pain that I experience as well. The nurse gave the oral medicine first and that went very well. Then, she got ready to do the shots. Olivia was laying on the table and the nurse took the first leg and stuck it, but Olivia jumped and kicked so strongly that the nurse missed and had to do it again. So she was stuck four times for three vaccines. It was awful for me, but Olivia only cried for about three minutes and then calmed right down. She was asleep before we even got to the car. And thankfully did not get a fever or have any other reactions to the vaccines.

No comments:

Post a Comment